Greenwich Village, NYC 646-368-5623
A space for artists and writers to create, present, and archive hard-to-categorize work of spectacular originality in all media, and find additional appreciation for it in the wider world.
Rates, Services, & Equipment
There is no membership required to utilize services at The Media Loft.
Equipment, except as noted, is operated by eMediaLoft professionals, and based roughly on $65/hr.
There is limited self-use, no rental.
Check to see if you are eligible for a Creative Projects Grant.
Services are discounted 10% for students, seniors over 60, and members of non-profitss and unions.
EQUIPMENT & SERVICES
1. Create Projects on Apple iMac-27inch in Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, iMovie, iDVD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, iTunes, Audacity Audio, Peak Audio, Audio Cleaner, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Dragon Dictate, any text program, and zillions of fonts, etc.
2. Shoot digital and HD video movies, music videos, performance poetry, openings, parties, or events with Canon GL1 3-chip camera using mini-DV tapes and/or Sony HDR-SRI HD Video Camera.
3. Record and play mini-DV and DV-Cam digital tapes on Sony DSR-11 digital deck.
4. Shoot or scenes or record voice-overs or soundtracks in studio with Lowel Omni and Tota Lights and Sony mike and a good Sound Effects Library, Audacity Audio, and many other sound features.
5. Produce subtitles, credits, and all text in many languages,with English language assistance.
6. Create, record, burn, publish and package CDs, MP3s, MP4s, AIFFs, audiotapes, CDc, DVDs, slides, photographs, books, etc.
7. Transfer between Beta, PAL, Secam, NTSC video, mini-DV, DV-Cam, DVD, HD, Regular-8, Super/8 &16mm film, and 8mm, Hi-8, VHS. & 3/4 video; vinyl records, etc.
8. Screen and edit Regular/8 and Super/8 Films on Revere R/8 and Elmo-1200 S/8 projectors and Super/8 Sync Sound Editing Bench. (Self-use after instruction.)
9.Screen and project video and all media up to 92" wide on Vivitek beamer DVD and media projector and large beaded screen.
10. Add stills, graphics, special effects, filters and transitions in sound and picture for movies, and create stills from your movies, as photographs.
11. Transfer R/8 & S/8 films into Final Cut Pro to edit and sync Super/8 film and fullcoat or other audio sources and for outputting and duping to all media.
12. Edit in Final Cut Pro, and output to VHS, mini-DV, DV-Cam, CD-ROM, DVD or web.
13. Pose for professional head shots, or portraits, then choose, retouch, and leave with them in same day.
14. Issue your books with imprints Washington Street Press, Xanadu Press, or The Media Loft, published by eMediaLoft.org, with ISBN numbers, and list in Books-In-Print, Amazon.com, etc. if your book is in keeping with our program.
15. Make your own button pins. (Self-use or technician.)
15. Create books or fiber art or original fashion or clothing on sewing machine. (Self-use or technician.)
16. Produce & bind graphics and publicity such as cover art, labels, grant proposals, resumes, artists' statements, catalogs, etc.
17. Photograph anything, including art, in 35mm color or B&W film or slides or digital photography with professional Olympus analog and digital cameras. Use copy stand for photographic copies, slides of your art, animation, etc. (Self-use or professional photographer.)
18. Print silver-gelatin darkroom prints and complete print finishing work, such as negatives, contact prints, work prints, fine prints, toning, and dry mounting. (Call to discuss sizes.)
19. Produce all types of flatbed and transparency scans with Epson Perfection 1650 and Professional Epson Transparency Scanner for negs & slides up to 4x5 and large flatwork. (Call to discuss sizes.)
20. Scan negatives and slides on Plustek OpticFilm 7500i SE Film Scanner with 7200 dpi resolution and Silverfast software.
21. Create and print original designs on T-shirts or fabric for fiber art.
22. Prepare materials for the internet, create websites. And exhibit on eMediaLoft.org Artists' Pages if your work is in keeping with our program.
24. Take a one-on-one lesson or enroll in a 4-member Workshop in Photography, Video Editing, Artists' Books or Writing (poetry, literature, or art criticism).
25. Revise translations into English. Or take a workshop or personal tutorial in English Writing Skills, etc. taught by instructor with over 20 years college English teaching experience in New York.
POLICIES AND FEES
eMediaLoft.org 744 Washington St., #A-629 (enter at 55 Bethune, 6th floor) Meatpacking District / West Village, N.Y.C.